Gain experience and elevate your career by joining the growing team at MSP. Learn more about what makes working at MSP so special, browse open employment opportunities and apply online today!
Imagine Yourself at MSP
MSP is recognized as an industry leader through performance excellence and profitable growth. We achieve this by focusing on key strategic initiatives: the hiring and developing of employees to our standard, and producing products of the highest quality.
We’re known for our commitment to the community, our employees, and their families—empowering our employees to accomplish their respective goals of customer satisfaction through excellence.
As part of our team, you will be able to contribute your talents and energies to improve the environment and quality of MSP, as well as our products and services. In return, you’ll have opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
Open Positions and Employment Opportunities
MSP typically has employment opportunities ranging from production staff to project management and customer service positions—plus many other roles in between. Open positions are listed in the drop-down box below. Should you have an interest in one of these opportunities, please submit your application today.
We’re currently looking for machine operators for our lettershop area.
You must be:
- able to perform repetitive tasks
- have a strong sense of duty
- willing to work toward set goals and standards
You’ll operate a variety of machines, and you must be able to be on your feet for 7.5 hours per day. Because we want you to succeed in this position, our training includes the opportunity to work with an experienced machine operator.
You’ll work in a modern, climate-controlled facility with convenient access to a cafeteria and non-smoking lunchroom.
Because of our commitment to meeting our customer’s needs, there will be mandatory overtime hours (including weekends) when needed, typically during our peak months of August-January. There may also be opportunities for voluntary overtime hours throughout the year.
MSP is committed to providing a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment screening is mandatory.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating various projects and activities associated with direct mail production, including daily client and sales contact, sustaining positive customer relations, order entry, maintaining job schedules, inventory control and estimating – to ensure that all client specifications are met and carried out in the printing, processing and production of all direct mail activities.
- Utilizes appropriate individual judgment, along with learned industry knowledge, to own and be accountable for each project from start to finish.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships – internal and external.
- Primary client contact on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains professionalism in all communication (written and oral).
- Order Entry – Responsible for initial job input and all subsequent updates to job processes and flow inputs into Printstream System and distributes to applicable departments. Processes include print, data processing, bindery, lettershop and pricing. Alerts Account Managers if processes are added or changed, or if prices changed.
- Maintains Job Schedules – Is responsible for maintaining (updating/changing) job schedules and reviewing with all departments applicable, from initial schedule through mailing. This includes print purchasing when needed to verify delivery of art, proofs and material.
- Prepare for and participate in daily Production Communication Meeting to review progress of all current jobs and provide information on updates/changes.
- Inventory Control – Verifies that the inventory level received is sufficient to complete the job. Checks all inventory received to assure that clearance requirements are met. Follows the procedure for leftover disposition upon completion of the job. Maintains up to date accurate inventory on all clients monthly.
- Prepares Letter Set-up and processes personalization proofs – Submits letter instructions to Data Processing. Reviews sign-offs for conformance of customer specifications. Provides personalization approval upon receipt from customer.
- Verifies postage reports – Reviews all postal reports/statements to assure that all packages and quantities have been mailed. Sends all reports to customer upon completion of verification. Request customer postage as established by client.
- Maintains daily communication with Account Manager.
- Follows all departmental procedures. Knowledgeable in and follows all procedures when processing job.
- Informs client of all additional charges past original quote and update work order.
- Support safety initiatives and exercise safe workplace practices.
- Participate in Quality initiatives and follow all quality related procedures .
- Perform various other assignments and ad hoc tasks as requested by supervision.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Stong computer skills, including all Microsoft products
- Ability to interpret various forms of instructions and adapt to changing priorities
- Exhibit and encourage positive and professional working relationships
- Ability to work with a team
- Excellent decision and problem solving skills
- Organized work methods
- Has sense of urgency
- Results oriented, optimistic, and self-confident
As a Production Coordinator you will coordinate all activities associated with direct mail production to ensure that all client specifications are met and all agency recommendations are carried out in the printing/processing and production of all direct mail activities. This role will also obtain/calculate pricing for print.
- Review approved strategy and job instructions received from AC and translate into the database.
- Follow up on counts from Data, input inventory matrix and follow up on materials ordered.
- Manage letter set-up process with Agency DP rep.
- Work in conjunction with AC to ensure all relevant treasurer file or other variable data files are updated in accordance with jobs that are in process.
- Keep all job data updated in the database, print work tickets, provide mock-ups, etc.
- Prepare specs for lettershop production floor
- Review all s/o in accordance with checklist.
- Alert account team to any production changes that may affect mail date.
- QC all insertion samples, verify counts, dates, permits etc.
- Effectively estimate print pricing.
- Attend kick-off meetings and collaborate with account team regularly to establish job specs and review plans.
- Prepare for and attend daily production update meeting to ensure all jobs and processes are on schedule.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Appreciation – Is transparent and honest with team members, appreciates differences between coworkers in thought as well as style, and shows respect for others and their ideas.
- Communication – Demonstrates excellent use of the English language (grammar, syntax, vocabulary); possesses the ability to communicate effectively and continuously with internal as well as external customers; composes clear/complete emails.
- Computer Proficiency – Strong computer skills including all Microsoft products (Outlook; Excel; Word; PowerPoint)
- Job Specific Programs as Applicable: Workzone; Adobe PDF; Printstream; Onyx.
- Congeniality – Positive attitude, not easily discouraged, open to alternative views, accepting of coaching/peer input, and copes well even under pressure.
- Customer Service – Anticipates the needs of others as well as clients, acts upon those needs appropriately, and help remove barriers to excellent customer service.
- Industry Knowledge – In-depth knowledge and understanding of direct-response best practices, strategy, and tactics.
- Innovation – Pursues better ways of getting things done, models breakthrough thinking, acts as a change agent, and helps others manage through change. Ultimately translates the department vision into actionable plans and creates enthusiasm about the future of TrueSense.
- Modeling – Acts as a role model for others and actively participates in the development and mentorship of teammates/direct reports; positively influences others while providing motivational support and direction where needed.
- Personal Development – Demonstrates personal growth and learning; acknowledges mistakes & learns from them.
- Problem Solving – Digs into problems, investigates all aspects, gathers facts, and recommends solutions.
- Professionalism – Is visible with a positive presence, is ethical, and highly professional.
- Project Management – Can be trusted to troubleshoot all job processes, manage timelines and inventory needs, anticipates issues, effectively multitasks, and follow through with all tasks to completion.
- Team Mentality – Works in a coordinated effort with other members of the team in order to achieve overreaching goals, models collaboration, instills effective team membership in others, and allows for flexibility in how work is accomplished.
Our Production Floor
We operate in a 160,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility, with a team of professionals capable of producing millions of pieces of mail per day. Our production floor features 8-color UV presses, color-perfecting envelope presses, full-service bindery equipment, and an on-site USPS verification office.
Perks & Benefits
MSP is committed to providing our employees with a variety of incentives to enhance their experience, both in and out of the workplace. Here are just a few of our perks.
Wages and salaries are competitive with other employers in the marketplace in a manner that’s variable with performance.
On Site Cafeteria
Our company cafeteria serves warm breakfast (8:45am-10 am) and lunch (11:30am-1:30pm) for purchase Monday-Friday.
Full-time employees receive complete healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans to suit your needs.
Several food-related events throughout the year feature treats like ice cream, donuts, pizza, nachos, cupcakes, and more.
Paid Time Off
Full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off for vacations, recognized holidays, personal days, and more.
Employees are recognized with holiday gifts, bonuses, an annual appreciation picnic, and service awards in five-year increments.
"MSP is family owned and the owners care deeply about their employees. The work environment is positive with good senior management."
– An MSP employee