Our Green Policy
At MSP, we are committed to a long-term sustainable approach to fostering the environment. Specifically, this sustainability means we constantly endeavor to balance environmental considerations and social responsibility with our business goals. Our Green Policy and Initiative is a work in progress, consistently evolving, and includes a focus on raising employee and business partner awareness of green thinking and activities. It is our belief that over the long run, a sustainable approach will benefit consumers, customers, associates and communities we serve by both meeting our business goals and protecting and improving the quality of the environment in which we all live.
MSP is currently committed to the following Green Initiatives:
- MSP created a Green Team which meets biweekly.
- FSC certified.
- MSP joined the Green Marketing Coalition, whose mission is to help businesses adopt green marketing practices.
- We recycle, and reuse paper. In 2009 alone, we recycled 2,094,391 pounds of corrugated bales and other papers.
- We recycle aluminum cans and wooden pallets.
- We encourage electronic storage of information, as opposed to hard copies.
- Most conference rooms, restrooms and hallways are equipped with motion sensor lighting, reducing power usage when those areas are not occupied.
- MSP encourages our clients to use paperless invoicing.
- We recycle press water.
- Our conventional ink is soy, instead of oil based.
- Air throughout our printing division is recycled.